History of the Fund
In 1947 C.W. Brown, our founder, gathered a group of community leaders for the purpose of developing a way to aid area students who were interested in continuing their education beyond the high school level. Today, the Oconomowoc Scholarship Fund is run by a board of community members passionate about education and opportunity for Oconomowoc area students.
Funding for scholarships relies on general public contributions and seeks support via fund raising activities and in general solicitations from the community. A significant portion of the funds comes from the Hilbert Scherffius Fund, administered by the Oconomowoc Area Foundation (Greater Milwaukee Foundation) to which we apply.